Monday, April 2, 2012

Recycled Valentine's Day Heart Wreath

Here is my latest wreath made from the inside of the ties I used from my Tie-Dyed Easter Eggs
Here is a look at the inside of the ties - kind of like a softer version of burlap. The colors were varying shades of natural burlap and was a lot softer. I could not bring myself to throw it away, so I decided to recycle them! This was a very easy project and cost nothing (I had everything on hand already)! Material: I used the inside of 10 ties (but you could use burlap or most any other extra material) 1 wire hanger pliers Ribbon to hang the wreath
After cutting out the inside of the ties, unravel the wire hanger (you can use your hands or the pliers) and then shape it into a heart.
Push the fabric onto the hanger creating loops on either side to look like ruffles.
Here's a close up look at the loops.
Once you have used all the material and have wrapped the entire heart, use the pliers to seal off the ends of the hanger, sealing the heart. Finally, add the ribbon and hang it up! Easy Breezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment