Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cakes Since I've Been Gone

I've done a few cakes in the past year that I'd like to share:

Here is a Christian Louboutin Shoebox Cake that I made for a friend's 40th Birthday Party.



The cake is a Strawberry Champagne Cake

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter 1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup champagne
6 egg whites

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 10 inch round cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
3. In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.

The Icing was just regular buttercream and I added some chopped strawberries in between each layer and it was so good. The shoe is a replica of Sex in the City's gold sparkle shoe that Carrie wears in the movie!



I bought a candy mold of a high heel shoe then painted red chocolate at the bottom and then poured in poured in gold pearl dust into the mold followed by off white chocolate, and then let it harden in the fridge. I then made white chocolate covered strawberries and sprinkled them with gold dust as well. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results.





Twilight Cake
I was pretty pressed for time with this cake, so I made a store bought cake, covered it with buttercream, and then painted the cover of the Twilight book on top with chocolate. I added a few strawberries and Wal-lah - the birthday cake was complete!




Kiddos' Birthday Cakes
My sweet daughter could not decide which princess she wanted for her birthday cake, so we represented all of them - complete with a melted jolly rancher magic carpet for Jasmine! Can you pick out all the princesses?







On my daughter's actual birthday, I made pink butterfly cupcakes, from Hello Cupcake





For My son's birthday - we did a Toy Story 3 Cake; which was perfect b/c Toy Story 3 was just coming out AND my son was turning 3 - how perfect is that!





And, for his actual birthday, we did Spiderman Cupcakes! The cupcakes were red velvet and the icing was tinted blue buttercream with black spiderwebs and candy, store bought spidermans.




Well, that's it for now! More to come:)

No comments:

Post a Comment