Saturday, January 16, 2010

Don't get your stockings in a wad

You're never too early when it comes to Christmas:)! My sis-in-law asked for some "creative" Christmas stockings like the ones I did for my family! And, since her birthday is in March, I hopped right to it! Here they are!!




Here is the initial sketch of the stockings, and from here, I made a pattern and found the different material, interfacing, buttons, fringe and all the other extra fun accessories!

My sis-in-law's stocking - I wanted to look like a fancy victorian-esk type shoe with some bling! I basically cut out the shape I wanted, sewed different fabrics and trim together and presto! I just can't wait to give it to her!!

Some of the details - I love the beaded fringe that I found at Hancock Fabrics! Other materials came from Joann's and Hobby Lobby!

This is for my older niece - she takes ballet and I added a little tutu and there are sequins sewn around the shoe and top part of the tutu for a little shine.

This ice skate is for my younger niece. Everything on this stocking sparkles! From the blade, to the lavendar sparkle "tights", and even the buttons; which I found at Hobby Lobby and LOVE!

Here is my Brother-in-Law's motorcycle style boot. Complete with faux leather and even a chain as the stocking hanger (again I found at Hobby Lobby).

I could not find a sliver ring or brackets that I liked and would fit on the stocking, so I used one of my bronze curtain rod rings and sandpapered the heck out of it until the silver underneath came through. For the circular brackets, I found little round buttons at Hobby Lobby, and I just painted them silver! I LOVED how they turned out!!!!


Photobucket


Here are a few other stockings that I did! The first one is a tap shoe that I did for my daughter, and the second one is a snazzy elf boot that I did for myself! I also did a golf shoe for my son (picture to come around Christmas time!

2 comments:

  1. These are so neat... I love them... Really this are sooo cool........

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me again next week for another great party.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome!! Your sister and her family are going to LOVE them!!

    Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!! I can't wait to see what you link next!!

    ReplyDelete